Summary: Mitochondrial fission ELM1
The Pfam group coordinates the annotation of Pfam families in Wikipedia, but we have not yet assigned a Wikipedia article to this family. If you think that a particular Wikipedia article provides good annotation, please let us know.
Mitochondrial fission ELM1 Provide feedback
In plants, this family is involved in mitochondrial fission. It binds to dynamin-related proteins and plays a role in their relocation from the cytosol to mitochondrial fission sites . Its function in bacteria is unknown.
Arimura S, Fujimoto M, Doniwa Y, Kadoya N, Nakazono M, Sakamoto W, Tsutsumi N;, Plant Cell. 2008;20:1555-1566.: Arabidopsis ELONGATED MITOCHONDRIA1 is required for localization of DYNAMIN-RELATED PROTEIN3A to mitochondrial fission sites. PUBMED:18559960 EPMC:18559960
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
InterPro entry IPR009367
In plants, this family is involved in mitochondrial fission. It binds to dynamin-related proteins and plays a role in their relocation from the cytosol to mitochondrial fission sites [PUBMED:18559960]. Its function in bacteria is unknown.
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This is the GT-B clan that contains diverse glycosyltransferases that possess a Rossmann like fold .
The clan contains the following 35 members:Alg14 Capsule_synth DUF1205 DUF1972 DUF3492 DUF354 Epimerase_2 Glyco_tran_28_C Glyco_trans_1_2 Glyco_trans_1_3 Glyco_trans_1_4 Glyco_trans_4_2 Glyco_trans_4_3 Glyco_trans_4_4 Glyco_transf_20 Glyco_transf_28 Glyco_transf_4 Glyco_transf_41 Glyco_transf_5 Glyco_transf_56 Glyco_transf_9 Glyco_transf_90 Glycogen_syn Glycos_transf_1 Glycos_transf_N Glyphos_transf LpxB MGDG_synth Mito_fiss_Elm1 Phosphorylase PIGA PS_pyruv_trans SUA5 Sucrose_synth UDPGT
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Seed source:||Pfam-B_10595 (release 9.0)|
|Author:||Moxon SJ, Eberhardt R|
|Number in seed:||31|
|Number in full:||342|
|Average length of the domain:||296.30 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||25 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||87.47 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||6|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree