Summary: Outer membrane protein beta-barrel domain
The Pfam group coordinates the annotation of Pfam families in Wikipedia, but we have not yet assigned a Wikipedia article to this family. If you think that a particular Wikipedia article provides good annotation, please let us know.
Outer membrane protein beta-barrel domain Provide feedback
This domain is found in a wide range of outer membrane proteins. This domain assumes a membrane bound beta-barrel fold.
Internal database links
|SCOOP:||OMP_b-brl_2 Porin_OmpG_1_2 Porin_7 OmpA_like|
|Similarity to PfamA using HHSearch:||OmpA_membrane Opacity OmpW OprF Ail_Lom YfaZ PagL OMP_b-brl_2|
External database links
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This clan gathers together a large set of beta barrel membrane proteins.Although these proteins have different numbers of beta strands in the barrel they have significant sequence similarity between families.
The clan contains the following 59 members:Ail_Lom Autotransporter Bac_surface_Ag BBP2 BBP2_2 Campylo_MOMP Channel_Tsx CopB DUF2490 DUF2860 DUF3078 DUF3138 DUF3187 DUF3308 DUF3575 DUF481 DUF560 Gcw_chp HP_OMP HP_OMP_2 KdgM LamB Legionella_OMP MipA MtrB_PioB Omp_AT OMP_b-brl OMP_b-brl_2 OMP_b-brl_3 OmpA_like OmpA_membrane Omptin OmpW Opacity OpcA OprB OprD OprF OstA_C PagL PagP Phenol_MetA_deg Porin_1 Porin_10 Porin_2 Porin_4 Porin_7 Porin_8 Porin_O_P Porin_OmpG ShlB Surface_Ag_2 TcfC Toluene_X TonB_dep_Rec TraF_2 TSA Usher YfaZ
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Number in seed:||79|
|Number in full:||21739|
|Average length of the domain:||190.90 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||18 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||86.08 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 80369284 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||2|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree
There is 1 interaction for this family. More...
For those sequences which have a structure in the Protein DataBank, we use the mapping between UniProt, PDB and Pfam coordinate systems from the PDBe group, to allow us to map Pfam domains onto UniProt sequences and three-dimensional protein structures. The table below shows the structures on which the OMP_b-brl domain has been found. There are 11 instances of this domain found in the PDB. Note that there may be multiple copies of the domain in a single PDB structure, since many structures contain multiple copies of the same protein seqence.
Loading structure mapping...