Summary: Utp21 specific WD40 associated putative domain
The Pfam group coordinates the annotation of Pfam families in Wikipedia, but we have not yet assigned a Wikipedia article to this family. If you think that a particular Wikipedia article provides good annotation, please let us know.
Utp21 specific WD40 associated putative domain Provide feedback
Utp21 is a subunit of U3 snoRNP, which is essential for synthesis of 18S rRNA.
Internal database links
|SCOOP:||Phage-tail_1 DUF3287 DUF3972|
|Similarity to PfamA using HHSearch:||Utp12|
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
InterPro entry IPR007319
A large ribonuclear protein complex is required for the processing of the small-ribosomal-subunit rRNA - the small-subunit (SSU) processome [PUBMED:12068309, PUBMED:15590835]. This preribosomal complex contains the U3 snoRNA and at least 40 proteins, which have the following properties:
- They are nucleolar.
- They are able to coimmunoprecipitate with the U3 snoRNA and Mpp10 (a protein specific to the SSU processome).
- They are required for 18S rRNA biogenesis.
There appears to be a linkage between polymerase I transcription and the formation of the SSU processome; as some, but not all, of the SSU processome components are required for pre-rRNA transcription initiation. These SSU processome components have been termed t-Utps. They form a pre-complex with pre-18S rRNA in the absence of snoRNA U3 and other SSU processome components. It has been proposed that the t-Utp complex proteins are both rDNA and rRNA binding proteins that are involved in the initiation of pre18S rRNA transcription. Initially binding to rDNA then associating with the 5' end of the nascent pre18S rRNA. The t-Utpcomplex forms the nucleus around which the rest of the SSU processome components, including snoRNA U3, assemble [PUBMED:15489292]. From electron microscopy the SSU processome may correspond to the terminal knobs visualized at the 5' ends of nascent 18S rRNA.
Utp21 is a component of the SSU processome, which is required for pre-18S rRNA processing. It interacts with Utp18 [PUBMED:15590835].
The mapping between Pfam and Gene Ontology is provided by InterPro. If you use this data please cite InterPro.
|Cellular component||small-subunit processome (GO:0032040)|
|Biological process||rRNA processing (GO:0006364)|
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Seed source:||Pfam-B_16350 (release 7.3);|
|Author:||Wood V, Finn RD|
|Number in seed:||127|
|Number in full:||643|
|Average length of the domain:||228.90 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||28 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||24.60 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 80369284 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||8|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree