Summary: Tellurite resistance protein TerB
Tellurite resistance protein TerB Provide feedback
This family contains the TerB tellurite resistance proteins from a a number of bacteria.
Burian J, Tu N, Kl'ucar L, Guller L, Lloyd-Jones G, Stuchlik S, Fejdi P, Siekel P, Turna J; , Folia Microbiol (Praha) 1998;43:589-599.: In vivo and in vitro cloning and phenotype characterization of tellurite resistance determinant conferred by plasmid pTE53 of a clinical isolate of Escherichia coli. PUBMED:10069007 EPMC:10069007
Internal database links
|SCOOP:||UPF0154 LNS2 RNA_pol_Rpb4 DUF1880 MotA_activ IpaC_SipC|
|Similarity to PfamA using HHSearch:||DUF533|
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
InterPro entry IPR007791
The prokaryotic heat shock protein DnaJ interacts with the chaperone hsp70-like DnaK protein [PUBMED:8016869]. Structurally, the DnaJ protein consists of an N-terminal conserved domain (called 'J' domain) of about 70 amino acids, a glycine-rich region ('G' domain') of about 30 residues, a central domain containing four repeats of a CXXCXGXG motif ('CRR' domain) and a C-terminal region of 120 to 170 residues.Direct interaction between DnaK and djlA is needed for the induction of the wcaABCDE operon which is involved in the synthesis of a colanic acid polysaccharide capsule. The colanic acid capsule may help the bacterium survive conditions outside the host [PUBMED:11758943, PUBMED:11106641]
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Number in seed:||153|
|Number in full:||3006|
|Average length of the domain:||135.10 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||20 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||59.21 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||8|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree
For those sequences which have a structure in the Protein DataBank, we use the mapping between UniProt, PDB and Pfam coordinate systems from the PDBe group, to allow us to map Pfam domains onto UniProt sequences and three-dimensional protein structures. The table below shows the structures on which the TerB domain has been found. There are 5 instances of this domain found in the PDB. Note that there may be multiple copies of the domain in a single PDB structure, since many structures contain multiple copies of the same protein seqence.
Loading structure mapping...