Summary: LsmAD domain
LsmAD domain Provide feedback
This domain is found associated with Lsm domain .
Ralser M, Nonhoff U, Albrecht M, Lengauer T, Wanker EE, Lehrach H, Krobitsch S; , Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:2893-2909.: Ataxin-2 and huntingtin interact with endophilin-A complexes to function in plastin-associated pathways. PUBMED:16115810 EPMC:16115810
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
InterPro entry IPR009604
This entry represents a conserved region approximately 250 residues long located on eukaryotic ataxin-2 [PUBMED:16115810]. Ataxin-2 is a protein of unknown function, within which expansion of a polyglutamine tract (due to expansion of unstable CAG repeats in the coding region of the SCA2 gene) causes spinocerebellar ataxia type 2 (SCA2), a late-onset neurodegenerative disorder [PUBMED:9339681]. The expanded polyglutamine repeat in ataxin-2 causes disruption of the normal morphology of the Golgi complex and increased incidence of cell death [PUBMED:12812977]. Ataxin-2 is predicted to consist of mostly non-globular domains [PUBMED:9462862].
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Seed source:||Pfam-B_2543 (release 10.0)|
|Previous IDs:||Ataxin-2-like; Ataxin-2_N;|
|Author:||Vella Briffa B, Bateman A|
|Number in seed:||138|
|Number in full:||742|
|Average length of the domain:||69.30 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||42 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||8.06 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 80369284 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||9|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree