Summary: ATP synthase regulation protein NCA2
ATP synthase regulation protein NCA2 Provide feedback
NCA2 has been shown to be required for the regulation of ATP synthase subunits Atp6p and Atp8p in Saccharomyces cerevisiae .
Camougrand N, Pelissier P, Velours G, Guerin M; , J Mol Biol. 1995;247:588-596.: NCA2, a second nuclear gene required for the control of mitochondrial synthesis of subunits 6 and 8 of ATP synthase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PUBMED:7723016 EPMC:7723016
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
InterPro entry IPR013946
NCA2 (Nuclear Control of ATPase), is one of the two nuclear genes involved in the control of mitochondrial expression of subunits 6 and 8 of the Fo-F1 ATP synthase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae (Baker's yeast). Mutations in either NCA2 or NCA3 (INTERPRO) dramatically lower the level of the co-transcript encoding subunits 6 and 8 [PUBMED:7723016, PUBMED:7586026].
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Seed source:||Pfam-B_15813 (release 19.0)|
|Author:||Mistry J, Wood V|
|Number in seed:||13|
|Number in full:||207|
|Average length of the domain:||263.60 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||28 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||41.54 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||5|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree