Summary: Predicted 3'-5' exonuclease related to the exonuclease domain of PolB
The Pfam group coordinates the annotation of Pfam families in Wikipedia, but we have not yet assigned a Wikipedia article to this family. If you think that a particular Wikipedia article provides good annotation, please let us know.
Predicted 3'-5' exonuclease related to the exonuclease domain of PolB Provide feedback
This domain is found in various prokaryotic 3'-5' exonucleases and hypothetical proteins.
Internal database links
|Similarity to PfamA using HHSearch:||DNA_pol_B_exo1 RNase_H_2|
External database links
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This clan includes a diverse set of nucleases that share a similar structure to Ribonuclease H.
The clan contains the following 46 members:CAF1 DDE_1 DDE_2 DDE_3 DDE_5 DDE_Tnp_1 DDE_Tnp_1_2 DDE_Tnp_1_3 DDE_Tnp_1_4 DDE_Tnp_1_5 DDE_Tnp_1_6 DDE_Tnp_1_7 DDE_Tnp_2 DDE_Tnp_4 DDE_Tnp_IS1 DDE_Tnp_IS1595 DDE_Tnp_IS240 DDE_Tnp_IS66 DDE_Tnp_ISAZ013 DDE_Tnp_ISL3 DNA_pol_A_exo1 DNA_pol_B_exo1 DNA_pol_B_exo2 DUF2779 DUF3882 DUF4152 DUF458 Maelstrom MULE NurA Piwi Plant_tran Pox_A22 RNase_H RNase_H_2 RNase_HII RNase_T RuvC rve rve_2 rve_3 RVT_3 Transposase_1 Transposase_mut UPF0236 Ydc2-catalyt
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Seed source:||COGs (COG3298)|
|Author:||COGs, Finn RD, Sammut SJ|
|Number in seed:||36|
|Number in full:||607|
|Average length of the domain:||200.10 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||36 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||78.28 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||4|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree