Summary: Alcohol dehydrogenase transcription factor Myb/SANT-like
Alcohol dehydrogenase transcription factor Myb/SANT-like Provide feedback
The myb/SANT-like domain in Adf-1 (MADF) is an approximately 80-amino-acid module that directs sequence specific DNA binding to a site consisting of multiple tri-nucleotide repeats. The MADF domain is found in one or more copies in eukaryotic and viral proteins and is often associated with the BESS domain. It is likely that the MADF domain is more closely related to the myb/SANT domain than it is to other HTH domains.
Internal database links
|SCOOP:||Myb_DNA-bind_3 Myb_DNA-bind_4 Myb_DNA-bind_5 Myb_DNA-bind_6|
|Similarity to PfamA using HHSearch:||Lin-8 Myb_DNA-bind_4 Myb_DNA-bind_5|
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
InterPro entry IPR006578
The MADF (myb/SANT-like domain in Adf-1) domain is an approximately 80-amino-acid module that directs sequence specific DNA binding to a site consisting of multiple tri-nucleotide repeats. The MADF domain is found in one or more copies in eukaryotic and viral proteins and is often associated with the BESS domain [PUBMED:12459265]. MADF is related to the Myb DNA-binding domain (INTERPRO). The retroviral oncogene v-myb, and its cellular counterpart c-myb, are nuclear DNA-binding proteins that specifically recognise the sequence YAAC(G/T)G. It is likely that the MADF domain is more closely related to the myb/SANT domain than it is to other HTH domains. Some proteins known to contain a MADF domain are listed below:
- Drosophila Adf-1, a transcription factor first identified on the basis of its interaction with the alcohol dehydrogenase promoter but that binds the promoters of a diverse group of genes [PUBMED:1731341].
- Drosophila Dorsal-interacting protein 3 (Dip3), which functions both as an activator to bind DNA in a sequence specific manner and a coactivator to stimulate synergistic activation by Dorsal and Twist [PUBMED:9528796].
- Drosophila Stonewall (Stwl), a putative transcription factor required for maintenance of female germline stem cells as well as oocyte differentiation.
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This family contains a diverse range of mostly DNA-binding domains that contain a helix-turn-helix motif.
The clan contains the following 254 members:AbiEi_3_N AbiEi_4 ANAPC2 AphA_like Arg_repressor ARID B-block_TFIIIC Bac_DnaA_C BetR Bot1p BrkDBD Cdc6_C CENP-B_N Cro Crp CSN8_PSD8_EIF3K Cullin_Nedd8 CUT DDRGK DEP Dimerisation Dimerisation2 DsrD DUF1133 DUF1153 DUF1323 DUF134 DUF1441 DUF1492 DUF1495 DUF1670 DUF1804 DUF1836 DUF1870 DUF2089 DUF2250 DUF2316 DUF2582 DUF3116 DUF3253 DUF3853 DUF3860 DUF3908 DUF433 DUF4364 DUF4447 DUF480 DUF739 DUF742 DUF977 E2F_TDP EAP30 ELL ESCRT-II Ets Exc F-112 FaeA Fe_dep_repr_C Fe_dep_repress FeoC FokI_C FokI_N Forkhead Ftsk_gamma FUR GcrA GerE GntR HARE-HTH HemN_C HNF-1_N Homeobox Homeobox_KN Homez HPD HrcA_DNA-bdg HSF_DNA-bind HTH_1 HTH_10 HTH_11 HTH_12 HTH_13 HTH_15 HTH_16 HTH_17 HTH_18 HTH_19 HTH_20 HTH_21 HTH_22 HTH_23 HTH_24 HTH_25 HTH_26 HTH_27 HTH_28 HTH_29 HTH_3 HTH_30 HTH_31 HTH_32 HTH_33 HTH_34 HTH_35 HTH_36 HTH_37 HTH_38 HTH_39 HTH_40 HTH_41 HTH_42 HTH_43 HTH_45 HTH_46 HTH_47 HTH_5 HTH_6 HTH_7 HTH_8 HTH_9 HTH_AraC HTH_AsnC-type HTH_CodY HTH_Crp_2 HTH_DeoR HTH_IclR HTH_Mga HTH_micro HTH_OrfB_IS605 HTH_psq HTH_Tnp_1 HTH_Tnp_1_2 HTH_Tnp_4 HTH_Tnp_IS1 HTH_Tnp_IS630 HTH_Tnp_ISL3 HTH_Tnp_Mu_1 HTH_Tnp_Mu_2 HTH_Tnp_Tc3_1 HTH_Tnp_Tc3_2 HTH_Tnp_Tc5 HTH_WhiA HxlR IBD IF2_N IRF KicB KORA KorB La LacI LexA_DNA_bind Linker_histone LZ_Tnp_IS481 MADF_DNA_bdg MarR MarR_2 MerR MerR-DNA-bind MerR_1 MerR_2 Mga Mnd1 Mor MotA_activ MqsA_antitoxin MRP-L20 Myb_DNA-bind_2 Myb_DNA-bind_3 Myb_DNA-bind_4 Myb_DNA-bind_5 Myb_DNA-bind_6 Myb_DNA-bind_7 Myb_DNA-binding Neugrin NUMOD1 OST-HTH P22_Cro PaaX PadR PAX PCI Penicillinase_R Phage_AlpA Phage_antitermQ Phage_CI_repr Phage_CII Phage_rep_org_N Phage_terminase Pou Pox_D5 PuR_N Put_DNA-bind_N Rap1-DNA-bind Rep_3 RepA_C RepA_N RepC RepL Replic_Relax RFX_DNA_binding Ribosomal_S19e Ribosomal_S25 Rio2_N RNA_pol_Rpc34 RP-C RPA RPA_C RQC Rrf2 RTP RuvB_C SAC3_GANP SANT_DAMP1_like SatD SelB-wing_1 SelB-wing_2 SelB-wing_3 SgrR_N Sigma54_CBD Sigma54_DBD Sigma70_ECF Sigma70_ner Sigma70_r2 Sigma70_r3 Sigma70_r4 Sigma70_r4_2 SLIDE SMC_ScpB SpoIIID STN1_2 Sulfolobus_pRN SWIRM TBPIP Terminase_5 TetR_N TFIIE_alpha TFIIE_beta TFIIF_alpha TFIIF_beta Tn7_Tnp_TnsA_C Tn916-Xis TraI_2_C Trans_reg_C TrfA TrmB Trp_repressor UPF0122 Vir_act_alpha_C YdaS_antitoxin YjcQ YokU z-alpha
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the UniProtKB sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Author:||Finn R, Coggill P|
|Number in seed:||95|
|Number in full:||1567|
|Average length of the domain:||82.30 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||20 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||25.46 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 11927849 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||6|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree