Summary: Alcohol dehydrogenase transcription factor Myb/SANT-like
The Pfam group coordinates the annotation of Pfam families in Wikipedia, but we have not yet assigned a Wikipedia article to this family. If you think that a particular Wikipedia article provides good annotation, please let us know.
Alcohol dehydrogenase transcription factor Myb/SANT-like Provide feedback
The myb/SANT-like domain in Adf-1 (MADF) is an approximately 80-amino-acid module that directs sequence specific DNA binding to a site consisting of multiple tri-nucleotide repeats. The MADF domain is found in one or more copies in eukaryotic and viral proteins and is often associated with the BESS domain. It is likely that the MADF domain is more closely related to the myb/SANT domain than it is to other HTH domains.
Internal database links
|SCOOP:||Rap1_C Myb_DNA-bind_3 Myb_DNA-bind_4 Myb_DNA-bind_5 WHEP-TRS|
|Similarity to PfamA using HHSearch:||Lin-8 Myb_DNA-bind_4 Myb_DNA-bind_5|
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
InterPro entry IPR006578
The MADF (myb/SANT-like domain in Adf-1) domain is an approximately 80-amino-acid module that directs sequence specific DNA binding to a site consisting of multiple tri-nucleotide repeats. The MADF domain is found in one or more copies in eukaryotic and viral proteins and is often associated with the BESS domain [PUBMED:12459265]. MADF is related to the Myb DNA-binding domain (INTERPRO). The retroviral oncogene v-myb, and its cellular counterpart c-myb, are nuclear DNA-binding proteins that specifically recognise the sequence YAAC(G/T)G. It is likely that the MADF domain is more closely related to the myb/SANT domain than it is to other HTH domains. Some proteins known to contain a MADF domain are listed below:
- Drosophila Adf-1, a transcription factor first identified on the basis of its interaction with the alcohol dehydrogenase promoter but that binds the promoters of a diverse group of genes [PUBMED:1731341].
- Drosophila Dorsal-interacting protein 3 (Dip3), which functions both as an activator to bind DNA in a sequence specific manner and a coactivator to stimulate synergistic activation by Dorsal and Twist [PUBMED:9528796].
- Drosophila Stonewall (Stwl), a putative transcription factor required for maintenance of female germline stem cells as well as oocyte differentiation.
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This family contains a diverse range of mostly DNA-binding domains that contain a helix-turn-helix motif.
The clan contains the following 202 members:AphA_like Arg_repressor B-block_TFIIIC Bac_DnaA_C BetR Bot1p BrkDBD CENP-B_N Cro Crp DDRGK Dimerisation DUF1133 DUF1153 DUF1323 DUF134 DUF1441 DUF1492 DUF1495 DUF1670 DUF1804 DUF1836 DUF1870 DUF2089 DUF2250 DUF2316 DUF3116 DUF3853 DUF387 DUF3908 DUF4095 DUF4364 DUF739 DUF742 DUF977 E2F_TDP ELK Ets Exc F-112 FaeA Fe_dep_repr_C Fe_dep_repress FeoC Ftsk_gamma FUR GcrA GerE GntR HARE-HTH HemN_C Homeobox Homeobox_KN Homez HrcA_DNA-bdg HSF_DNA-bind HTH_1 HTH_10 HTH_11 HTH_12 HTH_13 HTH_15 HTH_16 HTH_17 HTH_18 HTH_19 HTH_20 HTH_21 HTH_22 HTH_23 HTH_24 HTH_25 HTH_26 HTH_27 HTH_28 HTH_29 HTH_3 HTH_30 HTH_31 HTH_32 HTH_33 HTH_34 HTH_35 HTH_36 HTH_37 HTH_38 HTH_39 HTH_40 HTH_41 HTH_42 HTH_43 HTH_45 HTH_5 HTH_6 HTH_7 HTH_8 HTH_9 HTH_AraC HTH_AsnC-type HTH_CodY HTH_Crp_2 HTH_DeoR HTH_IclR HTH_Mga HTH_OrfB_IS605 HTH_psq HTH_Tnp_1 HTH_Tnp_1_2 HTH_Tnp_4 HTH_Tnp_IS1 HTH_Tnp_IS630 HTH_Tnp_ISL3 HTH_Tnp_Mu_1 HTH_Tnp_Mu_2 HTH_Tnp_Tc3_1 HTH_Tnp_Tc3_2 HTH_Tnp_Tc5 HTH_WhiA HxlR IF2_N KorB LacI LexA_DNA_bind LZ_Tnp_IS481 MADF_DNA_bdg MarR MarR_2 Med9 MerR MerR-DNA-bind MerR_1 MerR_2 Mga Mnd1 Mor MotA_activ MRP-L20 Myb_DNA-bind_2 Myb_DNA-bind_3 Myb_DNA-bind_4 Myb_DNA-bind_5 Myb_DNA-bind_6 Myb_DNA-binding Neugrin NUMOD1 OST-HTH P22_Cro PaaX PadR PAX PCI PCI_Csn8 Penicillinase_R Phage_AlpA Phage_antitermQ Phage_CI_repr Phage_CII Phage_rep_org_N Phage_terminase Pou Pox_D5 PuR_N Put_DNA-bind_N Rap1-DNA-bind Rep_3 RepA_C RepA_N RepC RepL Replic_Relax RFX_DNA_binding Ribosomal_S25 Rio2_N RNA_pol_Rpc34 RP-C RPA RPA_C RQC Rrf2 RTP SAC3_GANP SgrR_N Sigma54_CBD Sigma54_DBD Sigma70_ECF Sigma70_r2 Sigma70_r3 Sigma70_r4 Sigma70_r4_2 SpoIIID Sulfolobus_pRN TBPIP Terminase_5 TetR_N TFIIE_alpha Tn916-Xis Trans_reg_C TrfA TrmB Trp_repressor UPF0122 z-alpha
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Author:||Finn R, Coggill P|
|Number in seed:||116|
|Number in full:||1496|
|Average length of the domain:||82.30 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||20 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||23.59 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||4|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree