Summary: Sporozoite TA4 surface antigen
The Pfam group coordinates the annotation of Pfam families in Wikipedia, but we have not yet assigned a Wikipedia article to this family. If you think that a particular Wikipedia article provides good annotation, please let us know.
Sporozoite TA4 surface antigen Provide feedback
This family of proteins is a Eukaryotic family of surface antigens. One of the better characterised members of the family is the sporulated TA4 antigen. The TA4 gene encodes a single polypeptide of 25 kDa which contains a 17 and a 8 kD polypeptide .
Brothers VM, Kuhn I, Paul LS, Gabe JD, Andrews WH, Sias SR, McCaman MT, Dragon EA, Files JG; , Mol Biochem Parasitol. 1988;28:235-247.: Characterization of a surface antigen of Eimeria tenella sporozoites and synthesis from a cloned cDNA in Escherichia coli. PUBMED:3290678 EPMC:3290678
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
InterPro entry IPR021288
This family of proteins is a Eukaryotic family of surface antigens. One of the better characterised members of the family is the sporulated oocyst TA4 antigen from Eimeria tenella. The TA4 gene encodes a single polypeptide of 25 kDa which contains a 17 and a 8kDa polypeptide [PUBMED:3290678].
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Author:||Pollington J, Finn RD|
|Number in seed:||4|
|Number in full:||467|
|Average length of the domain:||208.10 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||28 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||85.27 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 80369284 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||4|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree