Summary: Carbohydrate-binding protein of the ER
Carbohydrate-binding protein of the ER Provide feedback
Malectin is a membrane-anchored protein of the endoplasmic reticulum that recognises and binds Glc2-N-glycan. The domain is found on a number of plant receptor kinases.
Schallus T, Jaeckh C, Feher K, Palma AS, Liu Y, Simpson JC, Mackeen M, Stier G, Gibson TJ, Feizi T, Pieler T, Muhle-Goll C; , Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:3404-3414.: Malectin: a novel carbohydrate-binding protein of the endoplasmic reticulum and a candidate player in the early steps of protein N-glycosylation. PUBMED:18524852 EPMC:18524852
Internal database links
|Similarity to PfamA using HHSearch:||Malectin Malectin|
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
InterPro entry IPR024788
Malectin is a membrane-anchored protein of the endoplasmic reticulum that recognises and binds Glc2-N-glycan [PUBMED:18524852]. This entry represents a malectin-like domain found in a number of plant receptor kinases.
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Seed source:||Pfam-B_41 (release 24.0)|
|Number in seed:||155|
|Number in full:||1073|
|Average length of the domain:||284.20 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||22 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||44.21 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild --amino -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||2|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree