Summary: Fn3 associated
The Pfam group coordinates the annotation of Pfam families in Wikipedia, but we have not yet assigned a Wikipedia article to this family. If you think that a particular Wikipedia article provides good annotation, please let us know.
Fn3 associated Provide feedback
No Pfam abstract.
Internal database links
|Similarity to PfamA using HHSearch:||CHB_HEX_C CHB_HEX_C_1|
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
No InterPro data for this Pfam family.
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This clan includes a diverse range of domains that have an Ig-like fold and appear to be distantly related to each other. The clan includes: PKD domains, cadherins and several families of bacterial Ig-like domains as well as viral tail fibre proteins. it also includes several Fibronectin type III domain-containing families.
The clan contains the following 63 members:A2M_N Alpha_adaptinC2 Big_1 Big_2 Big_3 Big_3_2 Big_3_3 Big_3_4 Big_4 Big_5 BiPBP_C BsuPI Cadherin Cadherin-like Cadherin_2 Cadherin_pro CARDB CHB_HEX_C CHB_HEX_C_1 ChitinaseA_N CHU_C Coatamer_beta_C COP-gamma_platf CopC DUF1034 DUF11 DUF1973 DUF2271 DUF4165 DUF4625 DUF916 EpoR_lig-bind Filamin FixG_C FlgD_ig fn3 Fn3_assoc He_PIG HYR IFNGR1 IL6Ra-bind Integrin_alpha2 Interfer-bind Invasin_D3 MG1 Mo-co_dimer Neurexophilin NPCBM_assoc PapD_N PKD PPC Qn_am_d_aIII REJ Rib SoxZ SprB SWM_repeat T2SS-T3SS_pil_N TIG Tissue_fac Transglut_C TRAP_beta Y_Y_Y
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Number in seed:||342|
|Number in full:||282|
|Average length of the domain:||63.70 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||33 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||7.78 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||1|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree