Summary: Fn3 associated
The Pfam group coordinates the annotation of Pfam families in Wikipedia, but we have not yet assigned a Wikipedia article to this family. If you think that a particular Wikipedia article provides good annotation, please let us know.
This tab holds the annotation information that is stored in the Pfam database. As we move to using Wikipedia as our main source of annotation, the contents of this tab will be gradually replaced by the Wikipedia tab.
Fn3 associated Provide feedback
No Pfam abstract.
Internal database links
|Similarity to PfamA using HHSearch:||CHB_HEX_C CHB_HEX_C_1|
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
No InterPro data for this Pfam family.
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This clan includes a diverse range of domains that have an Ig-like fold and appear to be distantly related to each other. The clan includes: PKD domains, cadherins and several families of bacterial Ig-like domains as well as viral tail fibre proteins. it also includes several Fibronectin type III domain-containing families.
The clan contains the following 63 members:A2M_N Alpha_adaptinC2 Big_1 Big_2 Big_3 Big_3_2 Big_3_3 Big_3_4 Big_4 Big_5 BiPBP_C BsuPI Cadherin Cadherin-like Cadherin_2 Cadherin_pro CARDB CHB_HEX_C CHB_HEX_C_1 ChitinaseA_N CHU_C Coatamer_beta_C COP-gamma_platf CopC DUF1034 DUF11 DUF1973 DUF2271 DUF4165 DUF4625 DUF916 EpoR_lig-bind Filamin FixG_C FlgD_ig fn3 Fn3_assoc He_PIG HYR IFNGR1 IL6Ra-bind Integrin_alpha2 Interfer-bind Invasin_D3 MG1 Mo-co_dimer Neurexophilin NPCBM_assoc PapD_N PKD PPC Qn_am_d_aIII REJ Rib SoxZ SprB SWM_repeat T2SS-T3SS_pil_N TIG Tissue_fac Transglut_C TRAP_beta Y_Y_Y
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Number in seed:||342|
|Number in full:||282|
|Average length of the domain:||63.70 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||33 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||7.78 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||1|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree