Summary: Transglutaminase-like superfamily
The Pfam group coordinates the annotation of Pfam families in Wikipedia, but we have not yet assigned a Wikipedia article to this family. If you think that a particular Wikipedia article provides good annotation, please let us know.
Transglutaminase-like superfamily Provide feedback
This family includes uncharacterised proteins that are related to the transglutaminase like domain PF01841.
Internal database links
|Similarity to PfamA using HHSearch:||Transglut_core|
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
No InterPro data for this Pfam family.
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This clan includes peptidases with the papain-like fold.
The clan contains the following 60 members:Acetyltransf_2 Amidase_5 Amidase_6 CHAP DUF1175 DUF1287 DUF1460 DUF2272 DUF3335 DUF553 DUF830 EDR1 Guanylate_cyc_2 LRAT NLPC_P60 OTU Peptidase_C1 Peptidase_C10 Peptidase_C12 Peptidase_C16 Peptidase_C1_2 Peptidase_C2 Peptidase_C21 Peptidase_C23 Peptidase_C27 Peptidase_C28 Peptidase_C31 Peptidase_C32 Peptidase_C33 Peptidase_C34 Peptidase_C36 Peptidase_C39 Peptidase_C39_2 Peptidase_C42 Peptidase_C47 Peptidase_C48 Peptidase_C5 Peptidase_C54 Peptidase_C58 Peptidase_C6 Peptidase_C65 Peptidase_C7 Peptidase_C70 Peptidase_C71 Peptidase_C78 Peptidase_C8 Peptidase_C9 Peptidase_C93 Peptidase_C98 Phytochelatin Rad4 Transglut_core Transglut_core2 Transglut_core3 Transglut_i_TM Transpep_BrtH UCH UCH_1 Viral_protease YopJ
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Number in seed:||84|
|Number in full:||283|
|Average length of the domain:||113.40 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||20 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||54.94 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||1|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree