Summary: 4Fe-4S double cluster binding domain
The Pfam group coordinates the annotation of Pfam families in Wikipedia, but we have not yet assigned a Wikipedia article to this family. If you think that a particular Wikipedia article provides good annotation, please let us know.
4Fe-4S double cluster binding domain Provide feedback
No Pfam abstract.
Internal database links
|Similarity to PfamA using HHSearch:||Fer4 Fer4 Fer4_2 Fer4_2 Fer4_3 Fer4_4 Fer4_6 Fer4_6 Fer4_7 Fer4_8 Fer4_9 Fer4_10 Fer4_11 Fer4_17 Fer4_18 Fer4_21|
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
No InterPro data for this Pfam family.
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
Superfamily includes proteins containing domains which bind to iron-sulfur clusters. Members include bacterial ferredoxins, various dehydrogenases and various reductases. The structure of the domain is an alpha-antiparallel beta sandwich.
The clan contains the following 24 members:ETF_QO Fer4 Fer4_10 Fer4_11 Fer4_12 Fer4_13 Fer4_14 Fer4_15 Fer4_16 Fer4_17 Fer4_18 Fer4_19 Fer4_2 Fer4_20 Fer4_21 Fer4_3 Fer4_4 Fer4_5 Fer4_6 Fer4_7 Fer4_8 Fer4_9 FeS RLI
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Number in seed:||562|
|Number in full:||3179|
|Average length of the domain:||65.10 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||42 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||16.23 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||1|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree