Summary: 2OG-Fe(II) oxygenase superfamily
2OG-Fe(II) oxygenase superfamily Provide feedback
This family contains members of the 2-oxoglutarate (2OG) and Fe(II)-dependent oxygenase superfamily .
Aravind L, Koonin EV; , Genome Biol 2001;2:RESEARCH0007.: The DNA-repair protein AlkB, EGL-9, and leprecan define new families of 2-oxoglutarate- and iron-dependent dioxygenases. PUBMED:11276424 EPMC:11276424
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
No InterPro data for this Pfam family.
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This clan represents the conserved barrel domain of the 'cupin' superfamily  ('cupa' is the Latin term for a small barrel). The cupin fold is found in a wide variety of enzymes, but notably contains the non-enzymatic seed storage proteins also.
The clan contains the following 57 members:2OG-Fe_Oxy_2 2OG-FeII_Oxy 2OG-FeII_Oxy_2 2OG-FeII_Oxy_3 2OG-FeII_Oxy_4 2OG-FeII_Oxy_5 3-HAO AraC_binding AraC_binding_2 AraC_N ARD Asp_Arg_Hydrox Auxin_BP CDO_I CENP-C_C CsiD Cupin_1 Cupin_2 Cupin_3 Cupin_4 Cupin_5 Cupin_6 Cupin_7 Cupin_8 DMSP_lyase dTDP_sugar_isom DUF1255 DUF1479 DUF1498 DUF1637 DUF1971 DUF386 DUF4437 DUF4867 Ectoine_synth EutQ FdtA FTO_NTD GPI HgmA HutD JmjC KduI MannoseP_isomer Ofd1_CTDD Oxygenase-NA PhyH Pirin Pirin_C PMI_typeI Popeye Pox_C4_C10 TauD Tet_JBP Ureidogly_hydro VIT VIT_2
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Number in seed:||38|
|Number in full:||357|
|Average length of the domain:||68.10 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||20 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||22.05 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 80369284 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||2|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree