Summary: MgrB protein
MgrB protein Provide feedback
The MgrB protein is a short lipoprotein. The mgrB gene has a mg2+ responsive promoter . Deletion of mgrB results in a potent increase in PhoP-regulated transcription . The PhoQ/PhoP signaling system responds to low magnesium and the presence of certain cationic antimicrobial peptides. Over-expression of mgrB decreased transcription at both high and low concentrations of magnesium. Localization and bacterial two-hybrid studies suggest that MgrB resides in the inner-membrane and interacts directly with PhoQ. This domain family is found in bacteria, and is approximately 40 amino acids in length. There are two conserved sequence motifs: CDQ and GIC.
Kato A, Tanabe H, Utsumi R;, J Bacteriol. 1999;181:5516-5520.: Molecular characterization of the PhoP-PhoQ two-component system in Escherichia coli K-12: identification of extracellular Mg2+-responsive promoters. PUBMED:10464230 EPMC:10464230
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
InterPro entry IPR020907
This entry represents MgrB, a short lipoprotein that is induced by low extracellular levels of magnesium via the PhoQ/PhoP two-component regulatory system [PUBMED:10464230]. Deletion of MgrB results in a potent increase in PhoP-regulated transcription [PUBMED:20041203].
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Number in seed:||14|
|Number in full:||404|
|Average length of the domain:||29.00 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||90 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||61.90 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||1|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree