Summary: SUKH-4 immunity protein
SUKH-4 immunity protein Provide feedback
This family belongs to the SUKH superfamily and functions as immunity proteins in bacterial toxin systems .
Zhang D, Iyer LM, Aravind L;, Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:4532-4552.: A novel immunity system for bacterial nucleic acid degrading toxins and its recruitment in various eukaryotic and DNA viral systems. PUBMED:21306995 EPMC:21306995
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
SUKH superfamily unites a diverse group of proteins including Smi1/Knr4, PGs2, Fbxo3, Skip16, Syd, herpesviral US22, IRS1 and TRS1, and their bacterial homologs .
The clan contains the following 7 members:SMI1_KNR4 SUKH-3 SUKH-4 SUKH_5 SUKH_6 Syd US22
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the UniProtKB sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Author:||Zhang D, Iyer LM, Aravind L|
|Number in seed:||35|
|Number in full:||395|
|Average length of the domain:||170.90 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||21 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||48.83 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 26740544 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||5|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree