Summary: ThiS-like ubiquitin
ThiS-like ubiquitin Provide feedback
A member of the ubiquitin superfamily that is often fused to the ThiF-like (E1)- ubiquitin activating enzyme and is present in gene neighborhoods with components of the thiamine biosynthesis pathway .
Iyer LM, Burroughs AM, Aravind L; , Genome Biol. 2006;7:R60.: The prokaryotic antecedents of the ubiquitin-signaling system and the early evolution of ubiquitin-like beta-grasp domains. PUBMED:16859499 EPMC:16859499
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
No InterPro data for this Pfam family.
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This family includes proteins that share the ubiquitin fold. It currently unites four SCOP superfamilies.
The clan contains the following 40 members:APG12 Atg8 Blt1 Caps_synth_GfcC CIDE-N Cobl DUF2407 DUF4430 DWNN FERM_N Lambda_tail_I Multi_ubiq NQRA_SLBB PB1 PI3K_rbd Plug Prok_Ub RA Rad60-SLD Rad60-SLD_2 Ras_bdg_2 RBD SLBB Telomere_Sde2 TGS ThiS ThiS-like TmoB TUG-UBL1 Ub-Mut7C Ub-RnfH ubiquitin Ubiquitin_2 Ubiquitin_3 UBX Ufm1 UN_NPL4 Urm1 YchF-GTPase_C YukD
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Author:||Iyer LM, Burroughs AM, Aravind L|
|Number in seed:||28|
|Number in full:||478|
|Average length of the domain:||56.50 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||51 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||21.29 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 80369284 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||2|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree