Summary: Coatomer beta subunit appendage platform
Coatomer beta subunit appendage platform Provide feedback
This family is found at the C-terminus of the coatamer beta subunit proteins (Beta-coat proteins). It is a platform domain on the appendage that carries a highly conserved tryptophan.
Takatsu H, Futatsumori M, Yoshino K, Yoshida Y, Shin HW, Nakayama K;, Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;284:1083-1089.: Similar subunit interactions contribute to assembly of clathrin adaptor complexes and COPI complex: analysis using yeast three-hybrid system. PUBMED:11409905 EPMC:11409905
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
No InterPro data for this Pfam family.
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This superfamily is characterised by subdomains from the clathrin and coatomer appendages. The superfamily possesses a single protein/protein interaction site that in yeast binds to the ARFGAP Glo3p, and in mammalian gamma-COP binds to a Glo3p orthologue, ARFGAP2 .
The clan contains the following 2 members:AP4E_app_platf Coatomer_b_Cpla
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
This family is new in this Pfam release.
|Number in seed:||30|
|Number in full:||371|
|Average length of the domain:||123.70 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||54 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||14.51 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||1|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree