Summary: Ubiquitin-like domain
The Pfam group coordinates the annotation of Pfam families in Wikipedia, but we have not yet assigned a Wikipedia article to this family. If you think that a particular Wikipedia article provides good annotation, please let us know.
Ubiquitin-like domain Provide feedback
This ubiquitin-like domain is found in several ubiquitin carboxyl-terminal hydrolases  and in gametogenetin-binding protein.
Harper S, Besong TM, Emsley J, Scott DJ, Dreveny I;, Biochemistry. 2011;50:7995-8004.: Structure of the USP15 N-terminal domains: a beta-hairpin mediates close association between the DUSP and UBL domains. PUBMED:21848306 EPMC:21848306
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
No InterPro data for this Pfam family.
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This family includes proteins that share the ubiquitin fold. It currently unites four SCOP superfamilies.
The clan contains the following 41 members:APG12 Atg8 Blt1 Caps_synth_GfcC CIDE-N Cobl DUF1315 DUF2407 DUF4430 DWNN FERM_N Lambda_tail_I Multi_ubiq NQRA_SLBB PB1 PI3K_rbd Plug Prok_Ub RA Rad60-SLD Rad60-SLD_2 Ras_bdg_2 RBD SLBB Telomere_Sde2 TGS ThiS ThiS-like TmoB TUG-UBL1 Ub-Mut7C Ub-RnfH ubiquitin Ubiquitin_2 Ubiquitin_3 UBX Ufm1 UN_NPL4 Urm1 YchF-GTPase_C YukD
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
This family is new in this Pfam release.
|Number in seed:||6|
|Number in full:||283|
|Average length of the domain:||86.40 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||46 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||9.70 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||1|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree
For those sequences which have a structure in the Protein DataBank, we use the mapping between UniProt, PDB and Pfam coordinate systems from the PDBe group, to allow us to map Pfam domains onto UniProt sequences and three-dimensional protein structures. The table below shows the structures on which the Ubiquitin_3 domain has been found. There are 9 instances of this domain found in the PDB. Note that there may be multiple copies of the domain in a single PDB structure, since many structures contain multiple copies of the same protein seqence.
Loading structure mapping...