Summary: Bacterial capsule synthesis protein PGA_cap
Bacterial capsule synthesis protein PGA_cap Provide feedback
This protein is a putative poly-gamma-glutamate capsule biosynthesis protein found in bacteria. Poly-gamma-glutamate is a natural polymer that may be involved in virulence and may help bacteria survive in high salt concentrations. It is a surface-associated protein .
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
InterPro entry IPR019079
CapA is a putative poly-gamma-glutamate capsule biosynthesis protein found in bacteria. Poly-gamma-glutamate is a natural polymer that may be involved in virulence and may help bacteria survive in high salt concentrations. It is a surface-associated protein [PUBMED:16689787].
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This clan contains the calcineurin-like phosphoesterases. This clan also includes the apparently inactive homologues from the small DNA polymerase subunits .
The clan contains the following 8 members:DNA_pol_E_B FBPase_2 Metallophos Metallophos_2 Metallophos_3 PGA_cap PhoD YmdB
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Seed source:||Pfam-B_1441 (release 21.0)|
|Number in seed:||118|
|Number in full:||7664|
|Average length of the domain:||244.10 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||28 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||62.33 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 80369284 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||6|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree