Summary: pre-RNA processing PIH1/Nop17
pre-RNA processing PIH1/Nop17 Provide feedback
This domain is involved in pre-rRNA processing . It has has been shown to be required either for nucleolar retention or correct assembly of the box C/D snoRNP in Saccharomyces cerevisiae . The C-terminal region of this family has similarity to the CS domain PF04969.
Gonzales FA, Zanchin NI, Luz JS, Oliveira CC; , J Mol Biol 2005;346:437-455.: Characterization of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Nop17p, a novel Nop58p-interacting protein that is involved in Pre-rRNA processing. PUBMED:15670595 EPMC:15670595
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
No InterPro data for this Pfam family.
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
The small heat shock proteins (sHSPs) prevent protein aggregation during heat shock and oppose regulated cell death. A conserved arginine residue in the HSP20/alpha-crystallin domain (Pfam:PF00011) has in fact been implicated in the development of cataracts and myopathies . The CS family (Pfam:PF04969) includes proteins that are known to bind HSP90 , as well as p23 (Swiss:Q15185), which is an HSP90 co-chaperone .
The clan contains the following 4 members:CS GvpH HSP20 PIH1
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Seed source:||Pfam-B_10462 (release 16.0)|
|Author:||Mistry J, Wood V|
|Number in seed:||26|
|Number in full:||646|
|Average length of the domain:||212.10 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||14 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||58.79 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||7|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree