Summary: Plant transposon protein
The Pfam group coordinates the annotation of Pfam families in Wikipedia, but we have not yet assigned a Wikipedia article to this family. If you think that a particular Wikipedia article provides good annotation, please let us know.
This tab holds the annotation information that is stored in the Pfam database. As we move to using Wikipedia as our main source of annotation, the contents of this tab will be gradually replaced by the Wikipedia tab.
Plant transposon protein Provide feedback
This family contains plant transposases which are putative members of the PIF / Ping-Pong family .
Zhang X, Feschotte C, Zhang Q, Jiang N, Eggleston WB, Wessler SR; , Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:12572-12577.: P instability factor: an active maize transposon system associated with the amplification of Tourist-like MITEs and a new superfamily of transposases. PUBMED:11675493 EPMC:11675493
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
InterPro entry IPR006912
The mapping between Pfam and Gene Ontology is provided by InterPro. If you use this data please cite InterPro.
|Molecular function||hydrolase activity, acting on ester bonds (GO:0016788)|
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This clan includes a diverse set of nucleases that share a similar structure to Ribonuclease H.
The clan contains the following 46 members:CAF1 DDE_1 DDE_2 DDE_3 DDE_5 DDE_Tnp_1 DDE_Tnp_1_2 DDE_Tnp_1_3 DDE_Tnp_1_4 DDE_Tnp_1_5 DDE_Tnp_1_6 DDE_Tnp_1_7 DDE_Tnp_2 DDE_Tnp_4 DDE_Tnp_IS1 DDE_Tnp_IS1595 DDE_Tnp_IS240 DDE_Tnp_IS66 DDE_Tnp_ISAZ013 DDE_Tnp_ISL3 DNA_pol_A_exo1 DNA_pol_B_exo1 DNA_pol_B_exo2 DUF2779 DUF3882 DUF4152 DUF458 Maelstrom MULE NurA Piwi Plant_tran Pox_A22 RNase_H RNase_H_2 RNase_HII RNase_T RuvC rve rve_2 rve_3 RVT_3 Transposase_1 Transposase_mut UPF0236 Ydc2-catalyt
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Seed source:||Pfam-B_2859 (release 7.6)|
|Number in seed:||5|
|Number in full:||275|
|Average length of the domain:||132.70 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||41 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||47.04 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||9|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree