Summary: Poxvirus C4/C10 protein
The Pfam group coordinates the annotation of Pfam families in Wikipedia, but we have not yet assigned a Wikipedia article to this family. If you think that a particular Wikipedia article provides good annotation, please let us know.
This tab holds the annotation information that is stored in the Pfam database. As we move to using Wikipedia as our main source of annotation, the contents of this tab will be gradually replaced by the Wikipedia tab.
Poxvirus C4/C10 protein Provide feedback
No Pfam abstract.
External database links
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This clan represents the conserved barrel domain of the 'cupin' superfamily  ('cupa' is the Latin term for a small barrel). The cupin fold is found in a wide variety of enzymes, but notably contains the non-enzymatic seed storage proteins also.
The clan contains the following 53 members:2OG-Fe_Oxy_2 2OG-FeII_Oxy 2OG-FeII_Oxy_2 2OG-FeII_Oxy_3 2OG-FeII_Oxy_4 2OG-FeII_Oxy_5 3-HAO AraC_binding AraC_binding_2 AraC_N ARD Asp_Arg_Hydrox Auxin_BP CDO_I CENP-C_C CsiD Cupin_1 Cupin_2 Cupin_3 Cupin_4 Cupin_5 Cupin_6 Cupin_7 Cupin_8 dTDP_sugar_isom DUF1255 DUF1479 DUF1498 DUF1637 DUF1971 DUF386 DUF4437 Ectoine_synth EutQ FdtA FTO_NTD GPI HgmA HutD JmjC KduI MannoseP_isomer Ofd1_CTDD Oxygenase-NA PhyH Pirin Pirin_C PMI_typeI Pox_C4_C10 TauD Tet_JBP VIT VIT_2
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Seed source:||Pfam-B_3519 (release 6.5)|
|Number in seed:||8|
|Number in full:||127|
|Average length of the domain:||260.00 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||52 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||96.81 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||8|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree