Summary: Poxvirus P35 protein
The Pfam group coordinates the annotation of Pfam families in Wikipedia, but we have not yet assigned a Wikipedia article to this family. If you think that a particular Wikipedia article provides good annotation, please let us know.
This tab holds the annotation information that is stored in the Pfam database. As we move to using Wikipedia as our main source of annotation, the contents of this tab will be gradually replaced by the Wikipedia tab.
Poxvirus P35 protein Provide feedback
No Pfam abstract.
Massung RF, Esposito JJ, Liu LI, Qi J, Utterback TR, Knight JC, Aubin L, Yuran TE, Parsons JM, Loparev VN, et al.; , Nature 1993;366:748-751.: Potential virulence determinants in terminal regions of variola smallpox virus genome. PUBMED:8264798 EPMC:8264798
Internal database links
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
InterPro entry IPR004900
The Poxvirus P35 protein is an immunodominant envelope protein. It binds to heparan sulphate on the cell surface to provide virion attachment to target cell [PUBMED:2462305].
The mapping between Pfam and Gene Ontology is provided by InterPro. If you use this data please cite InterPro.
|Cellular component||viral envelope (GO:0019031)|
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This is the GT-A clan that contains diverse glycosyltransferases that possess a Rossmann like fold .
The clan contains the following 46 members:Anp1 Caps_synth Cellulose_synt CgtA CHGN Chitin_synth_1 Chitin_synth_2 CofC CTP_transf_3 DUF2064 DUF273 DUF604 Fringe Galactosyl_T GlcNAc Gly_transf_sug Glyco_tranf_2_2 Glyco_tranf_2_3 Glyco_tranf_2_4 Glyco_tranf_2_5 Glyco_trans_2_3 Glyco_transf_15 Glyco_transf_21 Glyco_transf_25 Glyco_transf_34 Glyco_transf_43 Glyco_transf_49 Glyco_transf_6 Glyco_transf_64 Glyco_transf_7C Glyco_transf_7N Glyco_transf_8 Glyco_transf_92 Glycos_transf_2 GNT-I IspD Mannosyl_trans3 MGAT2 NTP_transf_3 NTP_transferase Nucleotid_trans Osmo_MPGsynth Pox_P35 Rhamno_transf TcdA_TcdB UDPGP
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Seed source:||Pfam-B_2785 (release 6.5)|
|Number in seed:||7|
|Number in full:||196|
|Average length of the domain:||287.20 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||44 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||99.76 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 80369284 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||10|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree