Summary: Putative alanine racemase
The Pfam group coordinates the annotation of Pfam families in Wikipedia, but we have not yet assigned a Wikipedia article to this family. If you think that a particular Wikipedia article provides good annotation, please let us know.
Putative alanine racemase Provide feedback
This is a family of eukaryotic proteins which are putatively alanine racemase.
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
No InterPro data for this Pfam family.
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This large superfamily of TIM barrel enzymes all contain a common phosphate binding site. The phosphate is found in a variety of cofactors and ligands such as FMN [1,2].
The clan contains the following 57 members:Ala_racemase_N ALAD Aldolase AP_endonuc_2 BtpA CdhD CutC DAHP_synth_1 DAHP_synth_2 DeoC DHDPS DHO_dh DHquinase_I DUF1341 DUF2090 DUF556 DUF561 DUF692 DUF993 Dus F_bP_aldolase FMN_dh G3P_antiterm Glu_syn_central Glu_synthase His_biosynth HMGL-like IGPS IMPDH iPGM_N MtrH NanE NAPRTase NeuB NMO OMPdecase Orn_Arg_deC_N Oxidored_FMN PcrB PdxJ PhosphMutase PRAI Pterin_bind QRPTase_C Racemase_4 RhaA Ribul_P_3_epim SOR_SNZ Tagatose_6_P_K ThiG TIM TIM-br_sig_trns TMP-TENI Transaldolase Trp_syntA UvdE UxuA
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Number in seed:||39|
|Number in full:||179|
|Average length of the domain:||102.40 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||37 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||17.07 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||1|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree