Summary: L-rhamnose-proton symport protein (RhaT)
The Pfam group coordinates the annotation of Pfam families in Wikipedia, but we have not yet assigned a Wikipedia article to this family. If you think that a particular Wikipedia article provides good annotation, please let us know.
L-rhamnose-proton symport protein (RhaT) Provide feedback
This family consists of several bacterial L-rhamnose-proton symport protein (RhaT) sequences [1,2].
Tate CG, Muiry JA, Henderson PJ; , J Biol Chem 1992;267:6923-6932.: Mapping, cloning, expression, and sequencing of the rhaT gene, which encodes a novel L-rhamnose-H+ transport protein in Salmonella typhimurium and Escherichia coli. PUBMED:1551902 EPMC:1551902
Internal database links
|SCOOP:||Sugar_transport TMEM144 DUF2371 DUF3278|
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
InterPro entry IPR004673These proteins are members of the L-Rhamnose Symporter (RhaT) family. This family includes two characterised members, both of which function as L-rhamnose:H+ symporters and have 10 GES predicted transmembrane domains.
The mapping between Pfam and Gene Ontology is provided by InterPro. If you use this data please cite InterPro.
|Cellular component||integral component of membrane (GO:0016021)|
|Molecular function||rhamnose transmembrane transporter activity (GO:0015153)|
|Biological process||hexose transport (GO:0008645)|
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This clan contains a variety of transporters which have 4, 5, 9 or 10 membrane spanning helices. Many of the 10 membrane spanning transporters appear to be a duplication of the 5 spanning unit . Many of these families contain a characteristic glycine rich motif close to the C-terminus.
The clan contains the following 21 members:CRCB CRT-like CSG2 DMT_6 DMT_YdcZ EamA EmrE Mg_trans_NIPA Multi_Drug_Res Nuc_sug_transp PUNUT RhaT SLC35F Sugar_transport TMEM144 TMEM234 TPT UAA UPF0060 Ureide_permease Zip
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Seed source:||Pfam-B_14617 (release 9.0)|
|Number in seed:||2|
|Number in full:||3536|
|Average length of the domain:||311.50 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||84 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||99.76 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 80369284 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||8|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree