The Pfam group coordinates the annotation of Pfam families in Wikipedia, but we have not yet assigned a Wikipedia article to this family. If you think that a particular Wikipedia article provides good annotation, please let us know.
This tab holds the annotation information that is stored in the Pfam database. As we move to using Wikipedia as our main source of annotation, the contents of this tab will be gradually replaced by the Wikipedia tab.
S1-like Provide feedback
S1-like RNA binding domain found in DBC1 
Anantharaman V, Aravind L;, Cell Cycle. 2008;7:1467-1472.: Analysis of DBC1 and its homologs suggests a potential mechanism for regulation of sirtuin domain deacetylases by NAD metabolites. PUBMED:18418069 EPMC:18418069
External database links
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
The OB (oligonucleotide/oligosaccharide binding) was defined by Murzin . The common part of the OB-fold, has a five-stranded beta-sheet coiled to form a closed beta-barrel. This barrel is capped by an alpha-helix located between the third and fourth strands .
The clan contains the following 45 members:BOF CSD DNA_ligase_OB DUF2110 DUF223 DUF3127 DUF35 EFP eIF-1a eIF-5a EutN_CcmL EXOSC1 mRNA_cap_C OB_NTP_bind OB_RNB OmdA Phage_DNA_bind POT1 RecO_N RecO_N_2 Rep-A_N Rep_fac-A_3 Rho_RNA_bind Ribosom_S12_S23 Ribosomal_L2 Ribosomal_S17 RNA_pol_Rbc25 RNA_pol_Rpb8 RuvA_N S1 S1-like S1_2 SSB Stn1 TEBP_beta Ten1 Ten1_2 TOBE TOBE_2 TOBE_3 TRAM tRNA_anti-codon tRNA_anti-like tRNA_anti_2 tRNA_bind
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Number in seed:||11|
|Number in full:||185|
|Average length of the domain:||56.30 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||57 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||7.05 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||1|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree