Summary: Stabilization of polarity axis
Stabilization of polarity axis Provide feedback
Q99222 has been shown to interact with the outer plaque of the spindle pole body . In Aspergillus nidulans the protein member is necessary for stabilization of the polarity axes during septation . and in S. cerevisiae it functions as a polarisation-specific docking factor .
Wysocka M, Bialkowska A, Micialkiewicz A, Kurlandzka A; , Acta Biochim Pol. 2003;50:883-890.: YOR129c, a new element interacting with Cnm67p, a component of the spindle pole body of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PUBMED:14515169 EPMC:14515169
Pearson CL, Xu K, Sharpless KE, Harris SD;, Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:3658-3672.: MesA, a novel fungal protein required for the stabilization of polarity axes in Aspergillus nidulans. PUBMED:15155805 EPMC:15155805
Tsai PC, Lee SW, Liu YW, Chu CW, Chen KY, Ho JC, Lee FJ;, J Biol Chem. 2008;283:16915-16927.: Afi1p functions as an Arf3p polarization-specific docking factor for development of polarity. PUBMED:18397879 EPMC:18397879
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
No InterPro data for this Pfam family.
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Author:||Mistry J, Wood V, Bateman A|
|Number in seed:||27|
|Number in full:||396|
|Average length of the domain:||111.20 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||28 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||17.65 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||5|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree