Summary: SbmA/BacA-like family
SbmA/BacA-like family Provide feedback
The Rhizobium meliloti bacA gene encodes a function that is essential for bacterial differentiation into bacteroids within plant cells in the symbiosis between R. meliloti and alfalfa. An Escherichia coli homolog of BacA, SbmA, is implicated in the uptake of microcins and bleomycin. This family is likely to be a subfamily of the ABC transporter family.
Ichige A, Walker GC; , J Bacteriol 1997;179:209-216.: Genetic analysis of the Rhizobium meliloti bacA gene: functional interchangeability with the Escherichia coli sbmA gene and phenotypes of mutants. PUBMED:8982000 EPMC:8982000
Internal database links
|Similarity to PfamA using HHSearch:||ABC_membrane_2|
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
InterPro entry IPR009248
The Rhizobium meliloti (Sinorhizobium meliloti) bacA gene encodes a function that is essential for bacterial differentiation into bacteroids within plant cells in the symbiosis between R. meliloti and alfalfa. An Escherichia coli homologue of BacA, SbmA, is implicated in the uptake of microcins and bleomycin. This family is likely to be a subfamily of the ABC transporter family.
The mapping between Pfam and Gene Ontology is provided by InterPro. If you use this data please cite InterPro.
|Cellular component||integral component of membrane (GO:0016021)|
|Molecular function||transporter activity (GO:0005215)|
|Biological process||transport (GO:0006810)|
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This clan includes families that are the membrane components of ABC transporter complexes. In general these regions are composed of six transmembrane helices .
The clan contains the following 4 members:ABC_membrane ABC_membrane_2 ABC_membrane_3 SbmA_BacA
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the UniProtKB sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Seed source:||Pfam-B_8139 (release 9.0)|
|Number in seed:||9|
|Number in full:||84|
|Average length of the domain:||302.90 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||47 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||79.67 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 11927849 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||9|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree