Summary: Type specific antigen
The Pfam group coordinates the annotation of Pfam families in Wikipedia, but we have not yet assigned a Wikipedia article to this family. If you think that a particular Wikipedia article provides good annotation, please let us know.
Type specific antigen Provide feedback
There are several antigenic variants in Rickettsia tsutsugamushi, and a type-specific antigen (TSA) of 56-kilodaltons located on the rickettsial surface is responsible for the variation [1,2]. TSA proteins are probably integral membrane proteins.
Ohashi N, Nashimoto H, Ikeda H, Tamura A; , J Biol Chem 1992;267:12728-12735.: Diversity of immunodominant 56-kDa type-specific antigen (TSA) of Rickettsia tsutsugamushi. Sequence and comparative analyses of the genes encoding TSA homologues from four antigenic variants. PUBMED:1618776 EPMC:1618776
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
InterPro entry IPR004933There are several antigenic variants in Rickettsia tsutsugamushi, and a type-specific antigen (TSA) of 56-kilodaltons located on the rickettsial surface is responsible for the variation [PUBMED:2496028, PUBMED:1618776]. TSA proteins are probably integral membrane proteins.
|Cellular component||integral to membrane (GO:0016021)|
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This clan gathers together a large set of beta barrel membrane proteins.Although these proteins have different numbers of beta strands in the barrel they have significant sequence similarity between families.
The clan contains the following 54 members:Ail_Lom Autotransporter Bac_surface_Ag Campylo_MOMP Channel_Tsx CopB DUF1302 DUF1597 DUF2320 DUF2490 DUF2860 DUF3078 DUF3138 DUF3187 DUF3308 DUF3374 DUF3575 DUF4289 DUF481 DUF560 Gcw_chp HP_OMP HP_OMP_2 KdgM LamB Legionella_OMP MipA OMP_b-brl OMP_b-brl_2 OMP_b-brl_3 OmpA_membrane Omptin OmpW Opacity OpcA OprB OprD OprF OstA_C PagL Phenol_MetA_deg Porin_1 Porin_2 Porin_4 Porin_O_P Porin_OmpG ShlB Surface_Ag_2 Toluene_X TonB_dep_Rec TraF_2 TSA Usher YfaZ
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Seed source:||Pfam-B_3060 (release 6.5)|
|Number in seed:||8|
|Number in full:||365|
|Average length of the domain:||374.30 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||72 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||96.08 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild --amino -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||8|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree