Summary: Telomere stability and silencing
Telomere stability and silencing Provide feedback
Sde2 has been identified in fission yeast as an important factor in telomere formation and maintenance. This is a more N-terminal domain on these nuclear proteins, and is essential for telomeric silencing and genomic stability.
Kim DU, Hayles J, Kim D, Wood V, Park HO, Won M, Yoo HS, Duhig T, Nam M, Palmer G, Han S, Jeffery L, Baek ST, Lee H, Shim YS, Lee M, Kim L, Heo KS, Noh EJ, Lee AR, Jang YJ, Chung KS, Choi SJ, Park JY, Park Y, Kim HM, Park SK, Park HJ, Kang EJ, Kim HB, Kang HS, Park HM, Kim K, Song K, Song KB, Nurse P, Hoe KL;, Nat Biotechnol. 2010;28:617-623.: Analysis of a genome-wide set of gene deletions in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. PUBMED:20473289 EPMC:20473289
Internal database links
|SCOOP:||Rad60-SLD_2 Ubiquitin_2 FERM_f0|
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
InterPro entry IPR024974
Sde2 has been identified in fission yeast as an important factor in telomere formation and maintenance. This domain is found in the N-terminal section of these nuclear proteins, and is essential for telomeric silencing and genomic stability.
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This family includes proteins that share the ubiquitin fold. It currently unites four SCOP superfamilies.
The clan contains the following 40 members:APG12 Atg8 Blt1 Caps_synth_GfcC CIDE-N Cobl DUF2407 DUF4430 DWNN FERM_N Lambda_tail_I Multi_ubiq NQRA_SLBB PB1 PI3K_rbd Plug Prok_Ub RA Rad60-SLD Rad60-SLD_2 Ras_bdg_2 RBD SLBB Telomere_Sde2 TGS ThiS ThiS-like TmoB TUG-UBL1 Ub-Mut7C Ub-RnfH ubiquitin Ubiquitin_2 Ubiquitin_3 UBX Ufm1 UN_NPL4 Urm1 YchF-GTPase_C YukD
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Seed source:||Pfam-B_2457 (release 24.0)|
|Author:||Wood V, Coggill P|
|Number in seed:||17|
|Number in full:||529|
|Average length of the domain:||144.90 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||31 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||39.79 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 80369284 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||2|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree