Summary: Telomere-capping, CST complex subunit
The Pfam group coordinates the annotation of Pfam families in Wikipedia, but we have not yet assigned a Wikipedia article to this family. If you think that a particular Wikipedia article provides good annotation, please let us know.
Telomere-capping, CST complex subunit Provide feedback
Ten1_2 is a family of primarily plant and vertebrate telomere-capping proteins that is evolutionarily related to the mostly fungal family of Ten1, PF12658.
Internal database links
|Similarity to PfamA using HHSearch:||Rep_fac-A_3 Ten1|
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
No InterPro data for this Pfam family.
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
The OB (oligonucleotide/oligosaccharide binding) was defined by Murzin . The common part of the OB-fold, has a five-stranded beta-sheet coiled to form a closed beta-barrel. This barrel is capped by an alpha-helix located between the third and fourth strands .
The clan contains the following 45 members:BOF CSD DNA_ligase_OB DUF2110 DUF223 DUF3127 DUF35 EFP eIF-1a eIF-5a EutN_CcmL EXOSC1 mRNA_cap_C OB_NTP_bind OB_RNB OmdA Phage_DNA_bind POT1 RecO_N RecO_N_2 Rep-A_N Rep_fac-A_3 Rho_RNA_bind Ribosom_S12_S23 Ribosomal_L2 Ribosomal_S17 RNA_pol_Rbc25 RNA_pol_Rpb8 RuvA_N S1 S1-like S1_2 SSB Stn1 TEBP_beta Ten1 Ten1_2 TOBE TOBE_2 TOBE_3 TRAM tRNA_anti-codon tRNA_anti-like tRNA_anti_2 tRNA_bind
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
This family is new in this Pfam release.
|Number in seed:||29|
|Number in full:||82|
|Average length of the domain:||112.70 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||36 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||82.16 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||1|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree