The Pfam group coordinates the annotation of Pfam families in Wikipedia, but we have not yet assigned a Wikipedia article to this family. If you think that a particular Wikipedia article provides good annotation, please let us know.
UPF0506 Provide feedback
This uncharacterised family is found in Schistosoma genomes. Although uncharacterised it appears to belong to the knottin fold. The sequence is composed of two repeats of a 6 cysteine motif.
Internal database links
|Similarity to PfamA using HHSearch:||Dickkopf_N|
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This clan contains a set of related small protein toxins and what appears to be the functionally distinct Albumin I domain. All members of this clan have a knottin-like fold. Additional information about this clan may be found from .
The clan contains the following 25 members:Agouti Albumin_I Albumin_I_a Atracotoxin Chi-conotoxin Conotoxin Mu-conotoxin Omega-toxin Tachystatin_A Tachystatin_B Toxin_11 Toxin_12 Toxin_16 Toxin_18 Toxin_20 Toxin_21 Toxin_22 Toxin_23 Toxin_24 Toxin_27 Toxin_30 Toxin_7 Toxin_9 UPF0506 Viral_cys_rich
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the UniProtKB sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Seed source:||Ranganathan S|
|Author:||Bateman A, Ranganathan S|
|Number in seed:||18|
|Number in full:||19|
|Average length of the domain:||58.80 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||41 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||61.88 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 11927849 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||5|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree