Summary: Ureide permease
Ureide permease Provide feedback
Heterocyclic nitrogen compounds may serve as nitrogen sources or nitrogen transport compounds in plants that are not able to fix nitrogen. This family represents ureide permease, a transporter of a wide spectrum of oxo derivatives of heterocyclic nitrogen compounds, including allantoin, uric acid and xanthine; it has 10 putative transmembrane domains with a large cytosolic central domain containing a 'Walker A' motif. Ureide permease is likely to transport other purine degradation products when nitrogen sources are low. Transport is dependent on glucose and a proton gradient . The family is found in bacteria, plants and yeast. These transporters are constituted of two sets of 5xTMs.
Desimone M, Catoni E, Ludewig U, Hilpert M, Schneider A, Kunze R, Tegeder M, Frommer WB, Schumacher K;, Plant Cell. 2002;14:847-856.: A novel superfamily of transporters for allantoin and other oxo derivatives of nitrogen heterocyclic compounds in Arabidopsis. PUBMED:11971139 EPMC:11971139
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
InterPro entry IPR009834
This entry represents ureide permease, which transports a wide spectrum of oxo derivatives of heterocyclic nitrogen compounds, including allantoin, uric acid and xanthine, but not adenine. Transport is dependent on glucose and a proton gradient [PUBMED:11971139].
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This clan contains a variety of transporters which have 4, 5, 9 or 10 membrane spanning helices. Many of the 10 membrane spanning transporters appear to be a duplication of the 5 spanning unit . Many of these families contain a characteristic glycine rich motif close to the C-terminus.
The clan contains the following 21 members:CRCB CRT-like CSG2 DMT_6 DMT_YdcZ EamA EmrE Mg_trans_NIPA Multi_Drug_Res Nuc_sug_transp PUNUT RhaT SLC35F Sugar_transport TMEM144 TMEM234 TPT UAA UPF0060 Ureide_permease Zip
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Seed source:||Pfam-B_11634 (release 10.0)|
|Previous IDs:||FAE_3-kCoA_syn1; Ureide_perm;|
|Author:||Vella Briffa B|
|Number in seed:||19|
|Number in full:||1062|
|Average length of the domain:||176.10 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||32 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||85.31 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 80369284 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||7|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree