Summary: YfaZ precursor
YfaZ precursor Provide feedback
This family contains the precursor of the bacterial protein YfaZ (approximately 180 residues long). Many members of this family are hypothetical proteins.
Internal database links
|Similarity to PfamA using HHSearch:||OMP_b-brl|
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
This clan gathers together a large set of beta barrel membrane proteins.Although these proteins have different numbers of beta strands in the barrel they have significant sequence similarity between families.
The clan contains the following 89 members:Ail_Lom Alginate_exp Autotransporter Bac_surface_Ag BBP2 BBP2_2 BBP7 BCSC_C Campylo_MOMP Caps_assemb_Wzi Channel_Tsx Chlam_OMP CopB CymA DUF2219 DUF2490 DUF2715 DUF2860 DUF3078 DUF3138 DUF3187 DUF3373 DUF3573 DUF3575 DUF4421 DUF4595 DUF481 DUF5020 DUF560 Gcw_chp HP_OMP HP_OMP_2 HpuA IAT_beta KdgM LamB Legionella_OMP Lipoprot_C MDM10 MipA MOSP_C MSP MtrB_PioB Omp_AT OMP_b-brl OMP_b-brl_2 OMP_b-brl_3 OmpA_like OmpA_membrane Omptin OmpW Opacity OpcA OprB OprD OprF OstA_C PagL PagP Phenol_MetA_deg PLA1 Pom Porin_1 Porin_10 Porin_2 Porin_3 Porin_4 Porin_5 Porin_6 Porin_7 Porin_8 Porin_O_P Porin_OmpG Porin_OmpG_1_2 Porin_OmpL1 PorP_SprF ShlB Surface_Ag_2 TbpB_B_D Toluene_X TonB_dep_Rec TraF_2 TSA UPF0164 Usher Usher_TcfC YadA_anchor YfaZ YjbH
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the UniProtKB sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Seed source:||Pfam-B_21552 (release 10.0)|
|Author:||Vella Briffa B|
|Number in seed:||3|
|Number in full:||196|
|Average length of the domain:||178.50 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||28 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||98.04 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 26740544 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||10|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree