Summary: InsA N-terminal domain
InsA N-terminal domain Provide feedback
This appears to be a short zinc binding domain found in IS1 InsA family protein. It is found at the N-terminus of the protein and may be a DNA-binding domain.
Internal database links
|SCOOP:||FdhE DpnI DUF1272 zinc_ribbon_10 Cys_rich_KTR|
|Similarity to PfamA using HHSearch:||zinc_ribbon_4 zinc_ribbon_5|
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
InterPro entry IPR003220Insertion elements are mobile elements in DNA, usually encoding proteins required for transposition, for example transposases. Protein InsA is absolutely required for transposition of insertion element 1.
This entry represents a short zinc binding domain found in IS1 InsA family protein. It is found at the N terminus of the protein and may be a DNA-binding domain.
The mapping between Pfam and Gene Ontology is provided by InterPro. If you use this data please cite InterPro.
|Biological process||transposition, DNA-mediated (GO:0006313)|
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
A clan of zinc-binding ribbon domains.
The clan contains the following 70 members:A2L_zn_ribbon Auto_anti-p27 Baculo_LEF5_C CpXC DNA_RNApol_7kD DUF1451 DUF1610 DUF1936 DUF2072 DUF2116 DUF2180 DUF2387 DUF2614 DUF35_N DUF4379 DZR Elf1 GATA Lar_restr_allev Mu-like_Com NinF NOB1_Zn_bind Nudix_N_2 Ogr_Delta OrfB_Zn_ribbon PhnA_Zn_Ribbon Prim_Zn_Ribbon Ribosomal_L32p Ribosomal_L37ae Ribosomal_S27 Ribosomal_S27e RNA_POL_M_15KD RRN7 Spt4 TF_Zn_Ribbon TFIIS_C Tnp_zf-ribbon_2 Topo_Zn_Ribbon Toprim_Crpt Trm112p UPF0547 zf-C4_Topoisom zf-CHC2 zf-CSL zf-DHHC zf-dskA_traR zf-FPG_IleRS zf-GRF zf-ISL3 zf-NADH-PPase zf-RanBP zf-ribbon_3 zf-TFIIB zf-trcl zf-ZPR1 zinc-ribbon_6 zinc-ribbons_6 zinc_ribbon_10 zinc_ribbon_11 zinc_ribbon_12 zinc_ribbon_13 zinc_ribbon_15 zinc_ribbon_2 zinc_ribbon_4 zinc_ribbon_5 zinc_ribbon_9 Zn-ribbon_8 Zn_ribbon_recom Zn_Tnp_IS1 Zn_Tnp_IS1595
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Previous IDs:||Ins_element1; HTH_Tnp_IS1;|
|Author:||Griffiths-Jones SR, Bateman A|
|Number in seed:||3|
|Number in full:||7562|
|Average length of the domain:||31.00 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||65 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||31.22 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild --amino -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 80369284 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||9|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree