Summary: zinc-ribbon domain
The Pfam group coordinates the annotation of Pfam families in Wikipedia, but we have not yet assigned a Wikipedia article to this family. If you think that a particular Wikipedia article provides good annotation, please let us know.
zinc-ribbon domain Provide feedback
This family consists of a single zinc ribbon domain, ie half of a pair as in family DZR. PF12773.
Internal database links
|Similarity to PfamA using HHSearch:||HypA Ribosomal_L32p Auto_anti-p27 OrfB_Zn_ribbon TF_Zn_Ribbon zf-NADH-PPase FYDLN_acid DUF2116 UPF0547 DUF35_N DZR DZR zinc_ribbon_2 Prok-RING_1 Nudix_N_2 TerY-C|
External database links
This tab holds annotation information from the InterPro database.
No InterPro data for this Pfam family.
- the number of sequences which exhibit this architecture
a textual description of the architecture, e.g. Gla, EGF x 2, Trypsin.
This example describes an architecture with one
Gladomain, followed by two consecutive
EGFdomains, and finally a single
- the UniProt description of the protein sequence
- the number of residues in the sequence
- the Pfam graphic itself.
Loading domain graphics...
A clan of zinc-binding ribbon domains.
The clan contains the following 50 members:A2L_zn_ribbon Auto_anti-p27 Baculo_LEF5_C DNA_RNApol_7kD DUF1610 DUF1936 DUF2116 DUF2180 DUF2387 DZR Elf1 GATA NinF NOB1_Zn_bind Ogr_Delta OrfB_Zn_ribbon PhnA_Zn_Ribbon Prim_Zn_Ribbon Ribosomal_L32p Ribosomal_L37ae Ribosomal_S27 Ribosomal_S27e RNA_POL_M_15KD RRN7 Spt4 TF_Zn_Ribbon TFIIS_C Tnp_zf-ribbon_2 Topo_Zn_Ribbon Toprim_Crpt Trm112p UPF0547 zf-C4_Topoisom zf-CHC2 zf-DHHC zf-dskA_traR zf-FPG_IleRS zf-GRF zf-NADH-PPase zf-RanBP zf-ribbon_3 zf-TFIIB zinc-ribbons_6 zinc_ribbon_2 zinc_ribbon_4 zinc_ribbon_5 Zn-ribbon_8 Zn_ribbon_recom Zn_Tnp_IS1 Zn_Tnp_IS1595
We make a range of alignments for each Pfam-A family:
- the curated alignment from which the HMM for the family is built
- the alignment generated by searching the sequence database using the HMM
- Representative Proteomes (RPs) at 15%, 35%, 55% and 75% co-membership thresholds
- alignment generated by searching the NCBI sequence database using the family HMM
- alignment generated by searching the metagenomics sequence database using the family HMM
You can see the alignments as HTML or in three different sequence viewers:
- Pfam viewer
- an HTML-based viewer that uses DAS to retrieve alignment fragments on request
1Cannot generate PP/Heatmap alignments for seeds; no PP data available
Key: available, not generated, — not available.
Format an alignment
If you find these logos useful in your own work, please consider citing the following article:
Note: You can also download the data file for the tree.
Curation and family details
|Number in seed:||487|
|Number in full:||1966|
|Average length of the domain:||25.60 aa|
|Average identity of full alignment:||36 %|
|Average coverage of the sequence by the domain:||8.81 %|
|HMM build commands:||
build method: hmmbuild -o /dev/null HMM SEED
search method: hmmsearch -Z 23193494 -E 1000 --cpu 4 HMM pfamseq
|Family (HMM) version:||1|
|Download:||download the raw HMM for this family|
Weight segments by...
Change the size of the sunburst
selected sequences to HMM
a FASTA-format file
- 0 sequences
- 0 species
How the sunburst is generated
Colouring and labels
Anomalies in the taxonomy tree
Missing taxonomic levels
Unmapped species names
Too many species/sequences
The tree shows the occurrence of this domain across different species. More...
You can use the tree controls to manipulate how the interactive tree is displayed:
- show/hide the summary boxes
- highlight species that are represented in the seed alignment
- expand/collapse the tree or expand it to a given depth
- select a sub-tree or a set of species within the tree and view them graphically or as an alignment
- save a plain text representation of the tree